Empath is an award-winning mobile app that allows users to anonymously express their feelings, connect within a supportive online community, and track their own unique emotional patterns over time. Each day, thousands of people use Empath to live happier and more balanced lives. Ultimately, we hope to become the home screen for human emotion, allowing people to better understand and improve their emotional lives in the same way that Fitbit has elevated physical fitness. We are a small team looking for a talented designer to help turn this vision into reality. If you share our passion, we’d love to hear from you.
- Lead all design efforts for Empath, including its:
- Mobile Apps
- Marketing Materials (social media, emails, etc.)
- Work with Empath’s CEO, CTO, and iOS developer to envision, test, and implement new features
- Develop wireframes and testable prototypes using tools like Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin
- Conduct user interviews using tools like Lookback and usertesting.com
- Run online UX research including surveys, preference tests, and clickability tests
- Always be the champion for Empath’s users taking a user-centered approach to all your work
- Lo-fi and hi-fi prototyping skills
- Ability to design across platforms (iOS, Android, web, emails)
- Strong knowledge of mobile UI design principles, patterns, and best practices (iOS and Android)
- Experience using relevant tools including Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Lookback, and usertesting.com
- Track record of contributions as a design leader and strong collaborator with PMs and engineers
- Agile development experience (Scrum and/or Kanban)
- 3+ years of experience designing mobile applications (iOS and Android)
- Some front-end coding experience is a plus
- Lead all iOS development
- Work with Empath’s CEO, CTO, and designer to envision, test, and implement new features
- Develop automated tests for Empath’s iOS application
- Fix bugs and improve performance
- Participate in the definition of new mobile features and experiences
- Passion for building mobile applications
- Experience across relevant technologies including Swift and Objective-C
- Strong knowledge of iOS development environment
- Strong knowledge of mobile UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Working knowledge of source control systems including Git
- Skilled in object-oriented programming design and development
- Well-versed in MVC frameworks
- TDD and unit test experience
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins and Fastlane
- Familiarity with the use of sensors such as camera, gyroscopes, and accelerometers
- Scrum/Agile development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and 3+ years of iOS software development experience
- These positions are located in Boulder, CO.
- Compensation includes competitive salary and significant equity ownership in the company.
- Empath provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, and disability.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Headquartered in Boulder, CO, Empath is building the world’s first emotional social network. On Empath, users can post about their emotions anonymously in a supportive online community, connecting with others who are going through similar experiences and tracking their own emotional patterns over time. In the last six months, we’ve grown from a small beta group to over 6,000 monthly active users while winning the Best Mobile Apps Award in the Social category. Our investors include the former Head of International Growth at Facebook, the former Founder/CEO of Photobucket, and the former Head of Wearable Devices at Intel, and we’re raising a large seed round to take Empath to the next level.